Workflow refers to visual instructions, checklists, data entry and image capture procedures to support the system’s entire life cycle: assembly, test, inspection, operation, maintenance, repair and emergency operations. They can range in complexity from a simple checklist for a ball valve to a nuclear reactor plant manual, and they are used by such key personnel as assembly mechanics, technicians in field maintenance or field service, inspection engineers and electricians.
Many enterprises have begun moving workflow from paper manuals to digital formats that enable ongoing updates. Most companies report improved worker productivity as a result of such digital transformation initiatives. With HMT-1, workers now have the ability to access workflow effortlessly while on the go.
Digital Workflow: Challenges
- Operating PCs and tablets requires putting down tools or removing gloves, slowing the actual manual work
- Existing devices are unreliable in harsh field conditions
- Screens can’t be read outdoors
- Digital workflow procedures are only effective if accessible at the right place at the right time
Driven by industry-leading voice recognition and ergonomic design, RealWear has created a platform that gives workers the instructions they need at the right place, at the right time. With the HMT-1, workers can select the required instructions, navigate step-by-step with voice commands, and view text, images, video clips, diagrams, animations and 3D models.
Mobile forms applications written in Android can be readily used on the RealWear HMT-1. Using RealWear’s WearHF interface, you can voice-enable your mobile forms application without any other changes. Doing so gives you access to the advanced noise cancellation, voice recognition and image-stabilized photo capture features offered by the platform.
RealWear HMT-1 Solution
- 100% hands-free operation eliminates delays in consulting a conventional tablet
- Studies show
- ~12% assembly time reduction for tablets using model based instructions plus additional ~15% reduction for head mounted tablets
- Up to 88% reduction in assembly errors
- Experts can create new still work instructions using image stabilized camera and noise-cancelled voice capture capabilities
- Screen visible in bright sunlight
- 12+ hour battery life for full shift operation
- Fully rugged device designed for heavy industrial environments
- 854×480 display enables re-use of existing digital work instruction content
- Smooth migration to augmented reality cues and callouts