Low situational awareness results in slow response. Technicians have difficulty meeting aftermarket SLA’s with a geographically distributed customer base, which triggers costly penalties.
Turn the customer into your field diagnostic team by calling customer support with video instead of voice. Technicians improve efficiency and accuracy by using the voice-activated HMT-1 with remote mentor solutions to: connect hands free with Product Quality Engineers (PQEs), capture images and videos, playback training videos, refer to manuals, and more.
When production stops due to machine failure, on-site technicians need assistance immediately to resume production. However, the expert for this machine may be located in a different city, state, or country.
Through peer-to-peer video collaboration on the HMT-1, experts can provide assistance by telestrating remotely to pin-point the exact issue – even in high-noise environments. Hands-free communication permits technicians the use of tools to operate machines.
Workers do not have the latest knowledge for manufacturing operations, including machine installation, inspection, and maintenance procedures. Paper copies are kept in binders adjacent to the manufacturing lines for reference by operators, but these are cumbersome and pose a security risk.
Document navigator and single sign-on (SSO) allows documents to be securely synced to HMT devices. Operators simply scan a QR code on a machine and are brought directly to the correct document to address their issue. Files are then remotely wiped when security credentials are revoked.
• Drive process compliance and quality
• Lower time to access information
• Use hands-free while wearing gloves
• Workaround to travel restrictions
• Maintain situational awareness
• Bring knowledge to operator at the exact moment of need
• IP66 rated /Drop proof /Dust Proof
• Explosion Proof (intrinsically safe model only)
• 8-10 hour battery life (hot swappable for HMT-1 only)
• Install virtually any Android application
• Large ecosystem of remote mentor applications
Replace the Overhead Strap for a more secure fit. This Micro Brim Bump Cap is a comfortable, breathable cap with a removable impact-resistant liner.
• Safeguard to accidental bumping or scraping of the head
• Fully adjustable to allow perfect fit
• Twelve ventilation ports
• Available in a range of colors
The wind noise filter is an accessory designed to minimize audible wind noise in the HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1.
• Filters designed to reduce low frequency ‘bass’, often described as ruble
• Helps to improve clarity of the recording and accuracy of voice recognition system in windy environments
Vinyl skins allow you to easily control which HMT aligns with each function in a particular plant.
Schlumberger assembly technicians all possessing the same skill set conducted a basic assembly procedure using three different interfaces to assist them, and compare the assembly time and errors recorded. The interfaces included a paper manual, handheld tablet, and HMT-1. The interface provided assembly workflow images and instructions. The tablet interface was designated as the control group. The HMT-1 allowed the technician to perform 15% faster than the control.
Communicating in a manufacturing plant can be challenge. Watch as Team RealWear visits a Harley dealership for a face-off between an iPhone and RealWear’s head-mounted Android device, testing noise cancellation while remotely collaborating and running a ten-point inspection of a Harley bike.
Noise capture disables the noise cancellation of your primary microphones and allows your device to record ambient sounds. This feature is especially helpful when diagnosing or inspecting machinery based off of sound.