How do I connect HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1 to Wi-Fi?
HMT-1 supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi. There are four ways to connect and configure HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1. NOTE: Make sure you are permitted by your company to be connected to a network and that you are complying with your company’s security protocols.
Method 1 (recommended) – realwear.setupmyhmt.com
On a desktop computer:
- Go to http://realwear.setupmyhmt.com/ and select ‘Configuration’
- Click ‘First Time Setup’
- Select your language and click ‘Next’
- Set your date and time settings then click ‘Next’
- In the ‘Access Point’ field, enter the name of the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect. (Case Sensitive)
- Select the WiFi Security type
- If required, in the ‘Password’ field, enter the Wi-Fi password for that network
- Click ‘Generate Code’
- On your HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1, say ‘My Programs’, then ‘Configuration’ to launch the QR Code scanner.
- Look at the generated QR code to complete the configuration and connect your HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1 to the Wi-Fi network. You will hear a tone when the QR code is successfully scanned.
Method 2 – Companion App
Download the RealWear Companion app on the App Store or Google Play. Follow the instructions to configure your HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1 and get connected to your WiFi network.
Method 3 – Use your voice
- Say ‘My Controls’ to launch the control panel
- Say ‘Set Wi-Fi’ to open a list of available networks
- Say the name of the desired network to select it from the list of available networks.
- Say ‘Set Password’ to bring up the speech menu. For the most reliable text entry, say ‘Switch Mode’ and speak the military code for the corresponding characters of your password to enter.
LETTERS – Say Switch Mode (This will switch the letter entry mode to the military alphabet with corresponding characters displayed on the screen).
The two and three syllable commands will make for more accurate text entry.
The letter commands can be spoken quickly sequentially e.g. Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta. There is no need to pause after one letter is entered.
NUMBERS – To enter numbers, use the prefix ‘Number’. e.g. ‘Number 1 2 3 4 5’ will appear as ‘12345’
SYMBOLS – To enter symbols, use the prefix ‘Symbol’. e.g. ‘Symbol At Pound Dash Period’ will appear as ‘@#-.’
Saying ‘All Symbols’ will display the commands for every available symbol.
Method 4 – RealWear Explorer
- Connect your HMT-1 to your computer using a Micro USB cable and launch RealWear Explorer. You can download RealWear Explorer here: Download RealWear Explorer
NOTE: If you have any trouble connecting your HMT-1 to RWExplorer, see the RealWear Explorer Tutorial here: realwear.com/knowledge-center/developer/rw-explorer/explorer-4-intro/explorer-4-tut/
- Once connected, click ‘My Programs’, then ‘My Controls’
- Select the desired network from the list of available networks.
- Enter the network password.