Starting in Release 11.1, users will now have the ability to browse their OneDrive files natively within the new “My Drives” section of My Files.
To browse OneDrive files, the OneDrive application must be installed on the RealWear device. This can be done in three ways:
1. RealWear Foresight
• If you are a RealWear Foresight user, the OneDrive application can be uploaded to Foresight as a Native application and then can be pushed to your RealWear devices.
• To register for Foresight or for more details on using the product, visit the product page on RealWear’s website.
2. Via your Enterprise Mobility Management Solution (EMM)
• The OneDrive application can uploaded to your EMM console and then pushed to your RealWear devices.
• For more information on managing RealWear devices with a 3rd party EMM solution, visit the dedicated RealWear Knowledge Center page
For testing or small scale deployments, the OneDrive application can be downloaded and side loaded to your RealWear devices via RealWear Explorer.
Pro Tip: For the best user experience entering text such as username and password, we recommend using RealWear Companion (insert link to RealWear Companion page in Knowledge Center)
3. Enter your password by selecting the entry field, this will likely be selectable by saying “SELECT ITEM 3”. Once you’ve entered your password, say “SUBMIT”.
Note: Depending on your company’s IT setup, you may need to complete two factor authentication or other authentication steps.
4. OneDrive will now be available inside My Files by saying “MY DRIVES” “ONEDRIVE”
Is this Cloud Sync? What happens if my RealWear device is disconnected from the Internet?
In Release 11.1, it is only possible to browse OneDrive files while connected to the internet. These are not synced and available offline.
Can I upload files taken from on the RealWear device to OneDrive?
Currently uploading files from a RealWear device to the cloud is not possible but is in consideration for the product roadmap. If you would like to discuss this topic in more detail, you can setup a discussion with RealWear Product Management via your dedicated RealWear account representative.
Does RealWear plan to offer the ability to browse cloud storage without needing to install 3rd party APK’s like OneDrive? What about other Cloud Storage Platforms like Sharepoint, Dropbox, Box and Google Drive?
As mentioned above, investment in cloud sync is in consideration for the roadmap currently. As part of that solution, we are evaluating features such as authentication without 3rd party applications, two way sync and the ability to support cloud storage platforms like OneDrive, Sharepoint, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive etc. If you would like to discuss this topic in more detail, please work with your dedicated RealWear account representative to setup a discussion with RealWear’s Product Management team.
What’s the difference between OneDrive and Sharepoint?