1. Release Overview
This Release Notes document is for the RealWear HMT-1 firmware release 10.2.0, a quarterly security patch release with additional feature updates.
The release is only applicable to the HMT-1 standard model. Any HMT-1 ever sold by RealWear may update to this release (although earlier updates may need to be installed before 10.2.0 can be installed).
|Model Number||HMT-1 (T1100G)|
|Build File Name||10.2.0-5-C.HMT-1.G|
2 Release Notes
2.1 New Features
2.1.1 Updated Voice Keyboard Enables ABC Mode
The HMT end user may now call out independent letters in “ABC” mode. In the keyboard, say “ABC” to activate this mode then say “Letter C A T” to spell “cat”. Users may continue to use the present mode of saying the NATO code-word for each letter.
2.1.2 End-User Action Button Control Mapping / Noise Capture Mode
As of Release 10.2.0, RealWear is permitting limited use of action button functionality by users (previously developers had some control over action button functionality). Available on the My Controls list is an “Action Button” mapping selection. The current default behavior – return to the Home Screen – will still be available, but a new mapping is available called Noise Capture.
Setting the Action Button to Noise Capture mode enables the HMT end user to toggle noise cancellation by depressing Action Button. When an end user enables Noise Capture, all ambient noise captured by HMT microphones is fed into the primary sound input channel for any application so that audio is captured; for example, machinery sounds, a nearby person’s speech, or environmental sounds are accurately represented and/or recorded.
2.2 General Changes
2.2.1 Remove Snap from List Controls
As part of the continual tuning of the user experience, this version includes changes in how list controls such as My Controls and My Camera’s More Options behave. The scrolling motion is now continuous and smooth instead of snapping into a partial lock on the in-focus selection.
2.3 Translation Changes
2.3.1 Various Translation Updates
Improvements have been made in Polish, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, Thai, German, and Japanese. Details are listed in an appendix below.
2.4 Security Changes
2.4.1 Android Security Updates
Security updates released through the end of March 2019 are incorporated into this release. See the full list of updates in the appendix below.
2.4.2 Encryption and PIN Unlock Screen
When an HMT has had full-device encryption activated and is PIN protected, a special PIN unlock screen appears when powered on. This screen contains all ten possible numerals with code words randomly assigned to each numeral.
The secure scroll keyboard continues to be used for simple screen unlocking.
2.5 Configuration Changes
2.5.1 Modification of the Home Screen and Lock Screen Backgrounds
Previously, the home screen and lock screen backgrounds were locked on all HMTs. With this release, an organization may change either background on any fully branded RealWear device. Note: Co-branded devices may not have this capability unlocked.
2.5.2 Home Screen App Configuration
The default view of the Home Screen (My Programs, My Camera, and My Files) may be modified. Up to five apps may be placed in any order on the home screen.
2.5.3 Storage Locations for Camera Photos and Videos
The location for storing photos and videos recorded by the HMT camera may be modified via configuration settings.
2.5.4 Configure the Visible Folders at the Top Level of My Files
The HMT may be configured to show any specified folder in the user data partition. The traditional folders, “My Media”, “My Photos”, and “My Documents” may be retained or replaced in the folder list. A customer folder icon may be included with the configuration.
2.5.5 Whitelist / Blacklist Items in My Programs
A hardware support professional may determine what apps appear in the My Programs page either by creating a whitelist or blacklist. All programs that are shown on the My Programs screen by default will continue to appear except for the items placed in the blacklist.
2.5.6 Whitelist / Blacklist Items in My Controls
A hardware support professional may determine what control items appear in the My Controls list either by creating a whitelist or a blacklist. The list will retain all default controls except for the items placed in the blacklist.
2.5.7 Control Item for Launching My Programs
A control to navigate to the My Programs page may be added to the My Controls whitelist in the case when the My Programs icon has been removed from the Home Screen. This control is not available by default.
2.5.8 Language String Override
Any string in the HMT-1 operating system or RealWear core applications may be modified, thereby allowing customization of existing commands with any desired label. In many cases, organizations may prefer different translations of commands. This ability can be used on any currently supported language, including English. For a list of supported languages, please refer to the RealWear Knowledge Center at www.realwear.com/knowledge-center/.
2.5.9 Language Selector List Configuration
The HMT-1 ships with 12 languages that may be selected in real time. However, to make language changes easier and faster, HMTs may be configured to show only a subset of the languages and may be set in any desired order.
2.5.10 Maximum Volume Level Setting
The maximum volume of both the speaker and audio port may be reduced via configuration settings.
2.6 Developer Changes
2.6.1 Added Support for File Providers in Camera Applet
It is now possible to pass a file provider to the camera applet to specify the file to use when capturing images and videos. The previous method of passing a URI to a file is not supported past Android SDK 24.
To support developers, an update has been made to the developer sample app to show how to capture video.
2.7 Bug Fixes
A full list of resolved bugs is in Appendix 3 of this document.
2.8 Major Known Issues
• [SUP-263] HPE VRG: ‘Play chat sound’ option cannot be controlled via voice command.
1. Release Overview
This Release Notes document is for the RealWear HMT-1Z1 firmware release 10.1.0. The release is only applicable to the HMT-1Z1 model. Any HMT-1Z1 ever sold by RealWear may update to this release.
|Model Number||HMT-1Z1 (T1100S)|
|Build File Name||10.1.0-07-C.HMT-1Z1.S|
2 . Release Notes
2.1 Operating system upgrade to Android Version 8.1.0
The HMT Operating system has been upgraded from Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) to the smarter, faster, and more powerful version of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo – API 27).
Security Patch Level
10.1.0 includes all security patches release to Android as of the end of December, 2018.
2.2 New Features in Maintenance Release
In addition to an upgraded Android operating system, the HMT-1Z1 user interface has been enhanced.
• My Camera – fully re-designed UI and device-level settings in My Controls.
• Manual focus – enhanced focus and exposure lock for nine screen regions
• Manual Exposure Control – five levels of exposure
• Flash Settings – manual flash, auto-flash, and off
• Photo/Video Preview – immediate preview of photo or video with immediate delete option
• More Options – Redesigned list control with setting controls for Field of View (FOV), Resolution, Video Frames Per Second (FPS), Flash, Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), Low Light Video (LLV), and Low Light Photo (LLP)
• Folder support for multiple folder levels
• More intuitive file browsing that allows for long file names to be read and launched via voice
• Pagination controls to browse within multi-page documents
• Options to sort by date/time and name
• Re-designed UI
• Zoom scale increased and optimized
• Updated to provide more user guidance for accessing QR code creators on web browsers or RealWear’s mobile Companion App
• UI updated
• UI updated and more play commands added
• New keyboard system uses head-panning motion control
• Loads in a partial screen to more closely operate like existing Android systems
• Secure entry option for password fields
• English only
• Dark & Light UI modes (product ships in Dark Mode by default)
• Revised layout including configuration options and updated application launch icons
• The status bar is now visible on most RealWear screens including the Home Page and My Programs Page
• Notification content display controls
• Secure keyboard for PIN entry
• New pop up My Controls window with head-tracked scrolling
• Power Manager accessible through My Controls at any time, from any app screen
• New Theme Setting
• Volume, Brightness, Auto-Mute, WIFI, Bluetooth, Mouse, Auto-Rotate, Flashlight, Dictation Local/Cloud
• Thai & Polish languages added.