What’s in the Box?
Note: If you are doing data-transfer or programming for HMT-1, you will need a standard Micro-USB cable (not included)
To power on HMT-1, press and briefly hold the power button. After a few seconds, the screen will illuminate. A sound will play and the RealWear logo will appear as it is powering on. To power off, press and briefly hold the power button.
Charging the HMT-1
Connect the USB-C charging cable to the USB-C port located beneath the rear flap.
Connect the charging cable to the wall charger and plug the charger into a wall socket.
The power button will blink RED while charging. The Power button will be GREEN when fully charged.
The Battery for HMT-1 is designed to last the duration of a full work shift.
1. Position the display pod for use with your dominant eye.
To determine your dominant eye, target a distant object through a small opening formed using your two hands. The eye you most naturally use is dominant.
2. Rotate the Boom Arm.
The boom arm can be adjusted with six degrees of freedom. This means that you can rotate the boom arm using the shoulder and elbow joints to adjust display position as well as for left or right usage and storage.
3. Adjust the Overhead Strap.
Adjust the overhead strap such that HMT-1 rests horizontally, slightly above the tops of your ears.
4. Position the Display Pod below your line of sight.
Connecting to Wi-Fi
There are four ways to connect HMT-1 to a Wi-Fi network.
Method 1 (recommended) – Configure.realwear.com
1. On a desktop computer, go to configure.realwear.com and select ‘Configure your HMT-1’
2. Select your language and click ‘Continue’
3. Select your time zone and click ‘Continue’
4. In the ‘Access Point’ field, enter the name of the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect. (Case Sensitive)
5. In the ‘Password’ field, enter the Wi-Fi password for that network
6. If your network requires entry of a Username, click ‘Show Advanced Options’ and enter your Username in the ‘User’ field
7. Click ‘Create Configuration QR Code’
8. On your HMT-1, say ‘My Programs’, then ‘Configure’ to launch the QR Code scanner.
9. Look at the generated QR code to complete the configuration and connect your HMT-1 to the Wi-Fi network. You will hear a tone when the QR code is successfully scanned.
Method 2 – RWExplorer
1. Connect your HMT-1 to your computer using a Micro USB cable and launch RWExplorer
You can download RWExplorer here:
NOTE: If you have any trouble connecting your HMT-1 to RWExplorer, see the RWExplorer User Guide here: http://realwear.com/wp-content/uploads/documentations/HMT-1.1-RWExplorer-User-Guide.pdf
2. Once connected, click ‘My Programs’, then ‘Control Panel’
3. Select the desired network from the list of available networks.
4. Enter the network password.
Method 3 – Use your voice
1. Say ‘My Controls’ to launch the control panel
2. Say ‘Set Wi-Fi’ to open a list of available networks
3. Say the name of the desired network to select it from the list of available networks.
4. Say ‘Password’ to bring up the speech menu, and speak the military code for the corresponding characters of your password to enter.
Method 4 – RealWear Companion app
1. Download the RealWear Companion app (iOS/Android)
2. Use this to generate input for HMT-1 (text/Wi-Fi configuration)
Intro to Voice Navigation
Global Voice Commands
Returns you to the previous screen
Returns you to the Home screen
Navigates you to the Control Panel
Mutes the microphone on HMT-1. Tap the ‘Home button’ on the side of the HMT-1 to re-activate the microphones.
Displays all open applications. Use the ‘Page Up’ and ‘Page Down’ command to navigate to a specific application. Say ‘Select Item X’ to open an app, ‘Dismiss Item X’ to force quit a specific app, or ‘Dismiss All’ to force quit all open applications.
Opens and allows you to view your notifications.
Scrolls down one page
Scrolls up one page
Scrolls one page to the right. If no page is available to the right, this will serve the same function as ‘Page Down’.
Scrolls one page to the left. If no page is available to the left, this will serve the same function as ‘Page Up’.
To launch the Camera app, say ‘My Camera’
Take a Photo
To take a photo, position your head so that the desired subject is in view and say ‘Take Photo’
Take a Video
To begin video capture, say ‘Start Video’
To stop recording, say ‘Stop Recording’
To launch the Document Navigator, say ‘My Files’
Select ‘My Photos’, ‘My Media’, or ‘My Documents’.
If a photo or document is selected:
‘Zoom level (1-5)’
If zoomed in, this will lock the position of the photo or document.
This will return the control of the photo or document to head movement.
Returns the photo or document to its default position and zoom level
Putting Apps on your Device
There are two methods by which you can load your app(s) onto the HMT-1
RealWear Cloud allows you to manage your HMT-1 devices remotely.
If you are the RealWear Cloud Administrator for your organization, you can set up device groups and push apps to devices. The next time a device is powered on and connected to a Wi-Fi network, the app(s) will automatically download and install in the background. We encourage you to use RealWear Cloud during the Beta period and provide feedback, so that we can continue to improve your experience with the HMT-1. Please contact your sales rep for more information.
RealWear Explorer allows you to easily sideload your Android apps to a device via a standard Micro-USB cable (not included)
Download and install RWExplorer on your desktop computer here:
With the HMT-1 connected to the computer, simply drag and drop your .apk files from your desktop into the box that reads ‘Drag and Drop .APKs here’.
For more information, check out the RWExplorer user guide here: